• All the essential information about usage and correct English that is needed on a day-to-day basis; • Entries on common issues of uncertainty and confusion in handy A-Z sequence; • More than 20 feature articles on specific subjects ...Ler mais
• All the essential information about usage and correct English that is needed on a day-to-day basis;
• Entries on common issues of uncertainty and confusion in handy A-Z sequence;
• More than 20 feature articles on specific subjects such as hyphenation or Latin plurals;
• Based on Oxford's world-leading dictionary research and contemporary language monitoring
Is it correct to pronounce "mischievous" as a three-syllable word (miss -chi-vuhss) or a four -syllable word (miss-chee -vi-uhss)? If it is right to use "alumni" as the plural of "alumnus," why is it wrong to use "octopi" as the plural of "octopus"? Should we write "12 am" or "12 a.m."? What is the difference between "principle" and "principal"? Is it "just desserts" or "just deserts"? If you don't know the answer to these questions, if you need a quick and effective guide to correct English, then Oxford A-Z of English Usage is just what you are looking for, containing a gold mine of useful advice on a wide array of common writing and speaking problems.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
• A quick search of words while you type. • A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word. • A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words. • A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word. • Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
• A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words. • History list to help you easily review looked-up words. • Discover more using the included special language notes. • See words in context with example sentences. • 'Word-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.
A mobile dictionary application from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.
* Small apps extension for Sony products
Perguntas sobre Apps
Você tem alguma pergunta relacionada a este aplicativo?
Apps mais acessados
Detalhes de Apps
ATUALIZADA EM: 1/dez/2014
INSTALAÇÕES: 500 - 1.000
VERSÃO ATUAL: 4.3.122
REQUER ANDROID: 2.2 ou superior
REDE DE COMUNICA&CCEDIL;&ATILDE;O
acesso ilimitado à Internet
Permite que o aplicativo crie sockets de Internet.
ver status de WiFi
Permite que um aplicativo visualize informações sobre o status do WiFi.
ver status de rede
Permite que um aplicativo visualize o status de todas as redes.
alterar/excluir conteúdo de cartão SD
Permite que o aplicativo escreva sobre o cartão SD.
ler e identificar status do telefone
Permite que o aplicativo acesse as propriedades do aparelho telefônico. Um aplicativo com esta permissão pode determinar o número de telefone e o número de série deste aparelho, se a chamada está ativa ou qual o número com o qual o usuário está falando.