DescriçãoWarning: the FREE license from VMware for ESXi/vCenter does not allow the control/modify operations for ANY 3rd party client apps. See 'IMPORTANT' section for more details.
NO SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED ANY MORE
vmwClient is handy and intuitive Android application purposed for the remote, efficient and secure management of VMWare infrastructure.
•Supports vSphere 5.1
•NO ANY ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE like proxies, mediators or extra VMWare configuration is needed as vmwClient accesses VMWare instances DIRECTLY as the original vSphere client does.
•Easy to handle, informative and intuitive interface.
•Simultaneous management of multiple vCenters and standalone hosts. vmwClient can hold connection to the several servers at the same time and doesn't require performing logout when switching to another host.
•vmwClient allows to store numerous credentials and host configurations.
•Well-granulated network operations. vmwClient loads only required Inventory information and is great for intermittent and paid channel like GPRS/3G/WCDMA.
•Very flexible and fast growing - our target is to make the product as close as possible to vSphere client in terms of functionality keeping it usable and handy on mobiles at the same time.
•Controlling of VM Desktops over VNC protocol.
•Editing of VM Virtual Hardware: Processor Num, Memory, SCSI Controllers, Hard Disks, CDs, Video Card.
•Browsing of Datastore mounts on ESX(i) over SSH
•VM Snapshot Management - full support
Available VMWare operations
•The basic VM/host management operations - start, stop, reset, summary etc.
•Real-time performance capturing of the VMs/hosts virtual/physical hardware parameters.
•Real-time collecting of the basic events of the CURRENTLY BROWSED Inventory elements.
•VM desktop screenshot capturing & controlling over VNC
•The following Datastore file operations supported: browse, download/upload, delete, cut/paste, rename, etc.
•Editing of VM Settings(Virtual Hardware).
• VM Snapshot Management - take a snapshot, revert to the current snapshot, browse snapshot tree, delete/delete all, edit info, go to a snapshot
•Android 1.6 or higher
•Internet connection to the Updates Server
•Internet/Intranet connection to the VMWare instances
•Those who get License Check Error on app startup please check the following:
1. You are trying to use app being logged in to same Google account you used to purchase the app
2. You have stable Internet connection - this is required only on first app startup (after reboot or long app idle) - if you switch to vpn after license has been checked all should be ok.
3. You have recent ver. Google Play (Android Market) app installed.
Also, we suggest to keep app in background (exit by HOME) once the license is cheked.
•If you have any technical problems please send an email to email@example.com with the description of a bug/issue or better post it to http://www.freeroam.me/forum/ so other users will keep track of the way how to solve or walkaround it. Posting your troubles in the product reviews WILL NOT help us to fix them shortly as well as to determine if it's the application bug at all.
•Those who use ESXi instances MUST have full ESXi license from VMWare in order to let vmwClient (and ANY other 3rd party client as well) perform ANY Inventory control operations. The free ESXi license will allow only READ ONLY operations for any 3rd party client
•Datastore mount browsing tips:
- Our client browses the Datastore mounts on ESX(i) over SSH protocol (the desktop client does it over HTTPS acting always as root), hence you have to be sure that the SSH server is running on ESX(i) and the corresponding user has appropriate rights for the operations you would like to perform.
- It's strongly advised to use passwords at least 8 characters length.
- NOTE: the SSH private key authentication DOES NOT WORK on Android OS ver less than 2.3 (Android Platform known issue).