Descrição*** NEW UPDATE. ***
*** THIS UPDATE REQUIRES THAT YOU HAVE AT LEAST 10MB OF FREE SPACE ON THE DEVICE. ***
Download the latest version of the official Edinburgh bus tracking application for Android. This application will let you view live bus departures for Lothian Buses services in Edinburgh, Scotland.
My Bus Edinburgh has the following features from previous versions;
* View the next departures for each bus service at each stop covered by Lothian Buses.
* Keep a list of your favourite bus stops to easily revisit them later.
* Ability to manually enter a bus stop code found at all bus stops to show live times for that stop.
* Fully integrated Google Maps which can show your location as well as nearby bus stops and coloured bus routes. Also, the map is fully searchable so you can search for places and bus stop names. Includes voice search from Google.
* Get the latest traffic and journey news in the News and Updates section.
* Favourite bus stops can be saved to the home screen on your device for opening easily later.
* QR code scanning support.
* EXPERIMENTAL FEATURES: The ability to add proximity and bus time alerts.
* Nearest bus stops listing.
* Google Street View linking.
* Integration with Google Backup.
* Italian localisation.
* And more...
...and new in the latest version (newest version is only compatible with Android 2.2 upwards, old Android devices will receive the old version of the app);
* App internals have been rewritten.
* New Google Maps brings vector maps and perspective gestures.
* The map can show coloured route lines. Select from “Services” from the menu.
* New bus stop details view (by selecting the stop on the map).
* Revamped search on the bus stop map.
* Services show colours on the bus times view.
* New star favourite/unfavourite icons.
* Auto-refresh has been rewritten to behave more like expected (popular request).
* Many more user experience improvements, bug fixes and tweaks.
A very big thank you to Anthony Totton for supplying the artwork for the latest version. A big thank you to Matteo Doni for supplying Italian localisation and thank you to Ross McClymont for helping with beta testing.
This application is officially endorsed by The City of Edinburgh Council and Lothian Buses.
Follow My Bus Edinburgh on Twitter for the latest updates: @MyBusEdinburgh
Explanation of permissions;
- Network based and GPS locations: used in the bus stop map and nearest bus stops listing to find your location.
- Internet access: used to load bus times, update the bus stop database and load news.
- Access network state: to intelligently use the network only when it is available.
- SD card: backups of favourites are stored here.
- Vibrate: used for alerts.
Disclaimer: this application does not support any other operator in Edinburgh than Lothian Buses (because it is not technically possible). The data comes straight from the My Bus Tracker service, operated by The City of Edinburgh Council. While The City of Edinburgh Council and Lothian Buses endorse this app, they do not take any responsibility for it.
All data given by the application is a computational estimation and as such, should be treated as a guide only.
Keywords: edinburgh, bus, tracker, official, lothian, buses