DescriçãoThis excellent Spanish dictionary includes 53 000 entries, 112 000 definitions, 100 000 examples as well as notes, comments, grammar boxes and verbs appendix. What makes this dictionary unique is that it includes not only European Spanish but also Latin American Spanish.
This is a fully functional trial!
What makes this dictionary different from any other is that the headword list and the language used for definitions reflect not only European Spanish, as is the case with the majority of other dictionaries, but also Latin American Spanish.Spanish is a world language spoken in 20 countries and in order to give a true picture of the language in its entirety it is essential to show the different meanings words have in each country. Unusually, not only Latin American uses are labeled, but also those restricted to Spain, so it can be seen whether a particular sense is universal or limited to a particular geographical area. In spite of the huge amount of information given, the clear page layout and the structure of the entries make looking up words quick and easy.
A search tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A 'keyword' search for finding key words within phrasal verbs
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A learning tool
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to expand your vocabulary further:
* A 'Favourites' feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words
* Your last visited words are all saved in your 'History', so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover a new word every day with the 'Daily' feature
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the Day as a widget on the device home screen
* See words in context with example sentences
* Online and offline modes supported, the offline mode allows you to download the whole dictionary and work independently from data connections